Continuing Education Non-Credit Course Drop and Refund Policy
Changed your mind or can't take the class?
Continuing Education is committed to the quality of our classes, services, and instructors. If you are unsatisfied with your experience or unable to attend a course for reasons beyond your control, please contact us. We will do our best to provide a solution that meets your individual needs. Please keep in mind that in many instances, classroom space, instructor arrangements, and course materials are scheduled and purchased based on expected class enrollments. For most Continuing Education classes, drop requests can be made online or by phone. See below for specific program information.
Continuing Education Program contact numbers:
- Academic Programs (Academic Credit and Noncredit): 801-585-9963
- Distance Education: 801-581-8801
- English Language Institute: 801-581-4600
- Go Learn: 801-581-6980
- Lifelong Learning: 801-587-5433
- Osher Lifelong Learning: 801-585-5442
- Professional Education: 801-585-1780
- Technology Education: 801-581-6061
- Test Preparatory: 801-581-5361
- Youth Education: 801-581-6984
- Academic Noncredit Continuing Education classes are not for credit, have a University academic department prefix and meet with a University credit course. Drop date corresponds with the U of U Academic Calendar "Last day to drop" date.
To drop an academic noncredit class within the drop date: Call Continuing Education at 801-581-7155
- Contract: Continuing Education classes offered off-campus to non-matriculated students in partnership with University Colleges. Please contact us at 801-585-9963.
- U of U Off-Campus Credit Continuing Education classes are offered in Bountiful, Murray, and Sandy.
Drop date corresponds with the U of U Academic Calendar "Last day to drop" date.
To drop a credit class within the drop date: Call the Registrar at 801-581-8969.
- Distance Education Continuing Education classes:
Course manual fees are nonrefundable. A full refund of the course fee (and video licensing fee if applicable) minus a $25 processing fee will be issued if you withdraw by close of business on the 14th calendar day, after your registration date. No refunds will be given after that time.
You may withdraw after the 14th calendar day, with no refund, but not after taking the Final Exam.
To drop a Distance Education credit class: Call 801-581-8801.
- English Language Institute: 100% of tuition is refunded if the class is dropped by the first Friday of the session. NO TUITION REFUND FOR CLASSES DROPPED AFTER THE FIRST FRIDAY. Call 1-801-581-4600.
- Go Learn: Please contact Go Learn for drop policy details at 801-581-6980.
- Lifelong Learning students will receive a full refund if a class is dropped 2 business days before the class start date. Contact the Lifelong Learning office at 801-587-5433 to drop.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute: Because space in classes is limited and we have arranged to provide our students access to various University facilities, you may drop a course and receive a full tuition and fee refund up until 4 days before the class starts. Should you need to drop after this point, please contact the Osher office at 801-585-5442, option 2, so that we may identify the best option to meet your individual circumstance. Membership fees cannot be credited or refunded.
- Professional Education: Class drop allowed 4 calendar days before the class begins.Please contact Professional Education at 801-585-1780 for more details.
- Technology Education: Class drop allowed 4 business days before the class begins. Please contact Technology Education at 801-581-6984 for more details.
- Test Preparatory Program Continuing Education students may receive a full refund if the class is dropped prior to the starting date of the course. Any class dropped between the start date and the end of business on the first Friday following the beginning of class, will receive a tuition-only refund. To drop a Prep class, call 801-581-5361.
- Youth Education refund requests and withdrawal from classes must be made through Youth Education, 1195 Annex Building, Wing A, or over the phone at 801-581-6984. Parents are responsible for dropping all desired courses for their children. A 100% refund will be given for cancellations up to 5 business days prior to the first class. No refunds will be authorized after that, including no prorated refunds for partial attendance. No refunds are authorized in the event of a dismissal. Please contact us at 801-581-6984 if you have extenuating circumstances beyond student or parent control.
By proceeding you understand that your drop request will be subject to the above terms. To submit a drop request for a not-for-credit course, follow the link below.
Submit a Drop Request
Petitioning for exception to the AOCE Drop Policy
Please consider contacting the program you are enrolled in before submitting a petition for exception to policy. If you have contacted the program you are enrolled in, and have been unable to reach a satisfactory solution, you may submit a petition. Petitions may be obtained online at www.continue.utah.edu/dl/petition.pdf or at 1185 Annex.