Financial Management for Nonprofits Certificate / Professional Education
- Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector (PROED 501)
- The Language of Finance for Nonprofit Leaders I (PROED 529)
- The Language of Finance for Nonprofit Leaders II (PROED 530)
- Nonprofit Tax and Legal Compliance: Protecting your Exempt Status (PROED 524)
- Creating an Actionable Plan for Excellence: Academy Wrap Up (PROED 543)
In addition to the required classes above, this certificate requires 2 electives from the list below.
The Nonprofit Financial Management Certificate
Effective financial management is critical in the nonprofit world - you work in an environment of limited resources; seemingly endless demand for the services you offer; and strict accountability to donors and stakeholders. Failure to lead in this area is not an option. Gain the financial knowledge and skills you need to effectively oversee the financial health and long-term sustainability of your organization. This course is specifically targeted at mid-level and senior management who work in the areas of programs, development, and administration.
- Learn financial "Best Practices" and the critical components that must be in place for effective, efficient, transparent and accountable financial management of nonprofits.
- Learn the legal, regulatory, and reporting requirements at the federal, state and local levels. Protect your nonprofit exempt status.
- Learn to read, understand and analyze nonprofit financial reports so you can evaluate the financial health of your organization and communicate this to your board and other stakeholders.
- Learn to develop rock-solid mission driven budgets; effectively manage your cash flows and build reserves and much more.
Admission to certificate programs is by online application only. Tuition is $1275 for an entire program and includes materials and seven days of instruction. Scholarships and financial assistance are available for certificate programs.