As a professional medical coder and biller, you can earn a great income and possibly even work from home.
The online, self-paced Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS certification program provides you with the skills you need to earn a national certification and start working right away. You will choose one of the following national certification exams to become a coder. Studying for and passing more than one exam is beneficial but optional. After enrollment, your coding support instructor can help you determine which exam(s) is right for you.
- National Exams Offered through AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA®)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS®)
- Certified Coding Specialist- Physician-based (CCS-P®)
- National Exams Offered through AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
Students will receive eBook textbooks, coding handbooks, and a voucher ($325 value) for one certification exam. In addition, students who complete the program will also receive an official University of Utah Medical Coding and Billing Certificate.