Come teach with us.
Professional Education's mission is to inspire professional excellence in individuals and to help improve organizational capacity across the great state of Utah. Our passion is to provide the community with a gathering place to network, discuss, and learn new skills and techniques. Do you share the same mission and passion? If so, teaching at Professional Education may be just what you're looking for!
What is Professional Education?
Professional Education provides relevant programs that are developed for professionals from various industries and disciplines. Professional Education features programs that instill a lifelong desire for career advancement and organizational improvement.
We seek to instill professional confidence and a commitment to career development for professionals and organizations from a variety of industries and disciplines by:
- Providing practical learning experiences that advance individual and organizational business objectives.
- Helping individuals build successful career strategies through an understanding of their own unique abilities.
- Providing high-quality training experiences that meet high academic standards and result in immediate and long-term value to individuals and employers.
- Building and sustaining a reputation for excellence in customer service.
- Making knowledge accessible to our community by providing cost-effective professional education and consulting experiences.
Professional Education's delivery methods include open enrollment/public classes, custom trainings or workshops, and consulting engagements.
Why teach with us?
As an instructor for Professional Education, you are a part of the University of Utah adjunct faculty community. This provides many tangible and intangible benefits:
- Affiliation with the most recognized and respected higher education entity in the state of Utah
- Exposure in a large and diverse community of students, adult learners, professionals and faculty
- Access to a myriad of organizations through a unique student base who provide opportunities for additional instructional and consulting projects through the Professional Education program
- Exposure to various opportunities to collaborate with other instructors and professionals within your area of interest and across a variety of other related topics
- Marketing exposure as an instructor and leader in your area of expertise through a variety of Professional Education marketing vehicles such as website, catalogs, brochures, flyers, word-of-mouth, PR and other marketing programs conducted throughout a contracted semester
- Potential additional marketing exposure for specifically-highlighted custom classes throughout the year
- Access to University of Utah resources (see below)
During the semester you teach you will have access to University of Utah resources such as:
- Class material reproduction (when applicable).
- A fifty percent (50%) discount on Professional Education classes during the semester you are contracted to teach for the University (based upon class availability).
- A University ID Card which includes:
- Library & Network privileges: With an active ID card you may check books out of the libraries, gain access to the U of U email services, computer labs, and digital library resources.
- Field House: With an active University ID Card, you may purchase a membership to Campus Recreation, including the Field House, HPER pool, weight rooms, etc. You may also purchase a membership for your spouse or significant other.
Fill out the course proposal form