Youth Education’s Scholarship Program was created to provide greater access to our many fun, engaging, and educational programs. Our scholarships help students prepare for college and cut the summer learning loss. Camp is an important opportunity in a child’s development. Not only is it a fun experience, it provides the opportunity to grow, learn, and explore. Youth Education understands that camp is expensive, therefore our scholarship program is there to support families.
Scholarships will be awarded to students who qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced School Lunch program, or if not enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced School Lunch program, must demonstrate other economic need through a personal letter, or may submit a letter of recommendation from a school or community leader/mentor. A scholarship committee will review each application and award scholarships based on how families demonstrate financial need and the quality of the application. A Scholarship is not guaranteed to all applicants.
The amount awarded for each scholarship is determined based on a sliding scale dependent on need, but all families will be responsible to pay the special fee or a minimum of $30 per course/camp if the special fee is less than $30.
To apply, first complete the online application, and then submit the required materials. The application will not be accepted without the required materials listed below:
A letter from a school or community leader or mentor, who is not related to the family or student and does not have a conflict of interest. Letter of Recommendation
Verification of financial need (i.e., verification of Free and Reduced Lunch Program, or personal letter explaining financial need)
*The application will not be considered complete until all supporting materials have been submitted. Scholarships will not be awarded to incomplete applications. To avoid complications, please submit the application and material on the same day. **
All submitted information is confidential. Applicants will be notified of award status via email and/or telephone.
A separate application is required for each individual child. Multi-child families MUST submit multiple applications, but can submit just one set of materials (Letter of Recommendation or verification of financial need). If submitting just one letter of recommendation for a whole family, the letter of recommendation should specify that the recommendation is for all children applying for the scholarship.
The scholarship application for Summer 2018 will open in March 1, 2018. The application will close April 22nd at 11:59 p.m. Following the closing deadline, the Scholarship Review Committee will review each application and award scholarships by April 27th (dates subject to change). Scholarships will NOT be awarded retroactively; please do not sign up for a class expecting to receive a scholarship afterwards.
To apply for scholarships for ACT Prep courses, please visit the ACT Prep Scholarship policy page.
To apply for scholarships for High School For-Credit courses, please visit the High School For-Credit Scholarship policy page.
- Scholarship funding is limited and is not guaranteed to all applicants. Recipients will be determined based on a combination of clear financial need, as well as quality of responses to application questions.
- Scholarship recipients have 10 business days to accept the scholarship and register for camp after receiving the award letter. Scholarship award letters will designate the deadline. After the deadline your scholarship will be awarded to another participant.
- Youth Education Scholarships may be retracted at any time due to unresponsiveness of participant or parent/guardian.
- Scholarship recipients may not select a class with a waitlist. A spot must be available at the time of registration. Additionally, scholarships will not be awarded retroactively. Please do not register for a class hoping to receive a scholarship in the future.
- The amount awarded is determined based on a sliding scale dependent on need, but all families will be responsible to pay the special fee or a minimum of $30 if the special fee is less than $30.
- If you’re unable to attend camp for whatever reason, you’re required to notify the Youth Education office as soon as possible or at least four weeks prior to the start of camp.
- Youth Education Program policies and procedures apply to scholarship recipients, including the drop and refund policy.
- Scholarship recipients are required to complete pre and post camp surveys, and may be asked to participate in Youth Education’s marketing and promotional materials. If surveys are not completed, the participant’s family will be deemed ineligible for future scholarships.
- By submitting an application to Youth Education’s Scholarship Program, you acknowledge that you understand the scholarship policies and deadlines outlined above.
Please send ALL required documents in one packet to the following email or mailing address. Documents that are mailed must be postmarked by the deadline date.
Attn: April Wilson
Youth Education University of Utah
1901 E. South Campus Dr., Rm. 1215
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
For questions, please contact April Wilson at email@example.com.
The Youth Education Scholarship Program is supported entirely through donations. A big thank you to the Parent Club
members for supporting our program and helping other students have an enriching and engaging experience!