Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Membership - Join the Club!
Available for just $30 per year, membership in the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is FLEXIBLE, AFFORDABLE, and FUN!
See what our members are saying in this video:
How to Join
If you are 50 or over, you may join Osher and begin to take advantage of the benefits at any time during the year. Call 801-585-5442 to sign up, or Add Membership to Cart.
Membership in the Osher Institute is life-enhancing, and will introduce you to a community of engaged and engaging peers. The people, courses, stimulating discussions, events, and easy access to campus, all add up to a truly unique experience.
Osher memberships are valid for one year from date of purchase and include:
- Eligibility to register for a wide variety of unique classes (class tuition and special fees apply. See note below*.)
- A wide range of no- or low-cost special events and lectures.
- A community of engaged and engaging peer members.
- Free parking at most class locations when classes are in session. (Visit our Directions and Map page for more information.)
- 25% discount on courses offered through Continuing Education's Technology Education program, 801-581-6061. (See note below*.)
- 25% discount on courses offered through Continuing Education's Lifelong Learning program, 801-587-5433. (See note below*.)
- 15% discount for your children and grandchildren on programs offered through Continuing Education's Youth Education program, 801-581-6984. (See note below.*)
*NOTE: Refer to individual class details for tuition and special materials fees that apply. Take two or more courses in a term and get 10% off your total tuition. Osher has scholarships available to assist those who may not otherwise be able to take classes. Find out more on this page.
Discounts are available on a space-available basis. Call the respective office four days before the class starts to inquire about availability and to register at the discounted price. To guarantee a space, register at full price anytime. Discounts will not be applied retroactively.
Add a course or two and take advantage of student benefits too. Members registered for at least one course are eligible to get a University of Utah student ID card. ID cards (and replacements in the event you lose your card) can be obtained for a fee at the U Card office in the Olpin Union on campus. You can use the same card from term to term. Your student ID is "reactivated" every time you register for a course. Examples of benefits include the following. Show your card where ever you go and see what benefits may be available.
- Free access to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts, Utah Museum of Natural History, and Red Butte Garden
- Discounts on Kingsbury Hall Presents Performances and at the Utah Symphony and Opera.
- Access to all University libraries.
- Access to campus computer labs and free email account and online file storage.
- Eligible to purchase a campus recreation pass. Visit Campus Recreation or call 801-581-3797 for price and to purchase or for more information about facilities and programs. Identify yourself as a Continuing Education student.
The directory is only available to members of The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Copies of the directory are available at the Commander's House when classes are in session or at the Osher office. Members are advised to use the information in the directory only for personal use in connecting with fellow members. Osher students are also listed in the main U of U student directory. If you prefer not to be listed in these directories visit FERPA/Privacy Rights/Student Directory Information and refer to the "directory" section for instruction on how to withhold your information.