Audit University Courses for a Fraction of the Cost!
Senior and veterans may audit many regular University classes numbered 1000-4999 for $25 per semester in addition to any special fee attached to the class.
- Seniors must be age 62 or older and a resident of Utah.
- Veterans of any age must be a resident of Utah and show proof of veteran status with a military ID or DD214 discharge papers.
Known as House Bill 60 and Senate Bill 45, these programs are just the ticket for seniors and veterans who want to keep current in their fields they know and love or learn something new.
How Do I Register?
Registration will begin by phone on January 3rd at 10am. Please call 801-581-7155 to register.
- Monday, January 3 – Registration begins
Registration will end at 4:00pm on Friday, January 20
- Monday, January 9 – Classes begin
- Friday, January 20 – Last day to drop classes
- Friday, January 20 – Last day to add classes
(if you add a class between January 16 and January 20, you must obtain a permission code from the class. This permission code does not guarantee registration in the class. Please see enrollment restrictions below)
View additional important dates by following this link.
- Classes will be taken as an audit, no University credit will be awarded
- Students cannot be enrolled in courses for credit and HB60/SB45 audit courses during the same semester
- Students desiring college credit must follow regular admissions and registration procedures and pay full tuition and fees
- Registration fee does not cover cost of books, supplies, parking or special fees
- Classes offered for credit, numbered 1000 to 4999. See restrictions below.
- Space available at time of registration.
- Classes taught on main SLC campus.
- Noncredit classes
- Classes that require acceptance into a major
- For classes that have a pre-requisite; you must obtain a permission number from either the instructor or the Department offering the course, to enroll
- Classes taught at the Sandy Campus, Asia Campus, or UOnline Undergraduate Tuition Classes.
- Classes that are listed as Continuing Education or have AOCE attribute
(Math 1010 for example)
- Classes that create increased instructional or administrative cost or increase the normal teaching load of the instructor
Classes/Depts specifically not allowed: ACCTG, ATHL, BCOR, CS, ECE, ENTP, ESSF 1048, ESSF 1049, ESSF 1053, ESSF 1054, ESSF 1800, ESSF 1801, ESSF 1802, FINAN, FP MD, H GEN, IS, MD LB, MGT, MKTG, NURS, OSC, PATH, PH TX, PHCEU, PHSYL, PRTL, PRTS, PRTW, STRAT, UGS, WRTG, GOBL