Audit Tuition Benefit for Seniors and Veterans
Continuing Education

Audit University Courses for a Fraction of the Cost!

Senior and veterans may audit many regular University classes numbered 1000-4999 for $25 per semester in addition to any special fee attached to the class.

  • Seniors must be age 62 or older and a resident of Utah.
  • Veterans of any age must be a resident of Utah and show proof of veteran status with a military ID or DD214 discharge papers.

Known as House Bill 60 and Senate Bill 45, these programs are just the ticket for seniors and veterans who want to keep current in their fields they know and love or learn something new.

How Do I Register?

Registration will begin by phone on Monday, August 12th at 10am. Please call 801-581-7155 to register.

Important Dates

  • Monday, August 12 – Registration begins
    • Registration will end at 4:00pm on Friday, August 30
  • Monday, August 19 – Classes begin
  • Friday, August 30 – Last day to drop classes
  • Friday, August 30 – Last day to add classes
    (if you add a class between August 23 and August 30, you must obtain a permission code from the class. This permission code does not guarantee registration in the class. Please see enrollment restrictions below)

View additional academic calendar dates.

Important Information

  • Classes will be taken as an audit, no University credit will be awarded
  • Students cannot be enrolled in courses for credit and HB60/SB45 audit courses during the same semester
  • Students desiring college credit must follow regular admissions and registration procedures and pay full tuition and fees
  • Registration fee does not cover cost of books, supplies, parking or special fees

Class Information

Eligible classes:

  • Classes offered for credit, numbered 1000 to 4999. See restrictions below.
  • Space available at time of registration.
  • Classes taught on main SLC campus.


  • Noncredit classes
  • Classes that require acceptance into a major
  • For classes that have a pre-requisite; you must obtain a permission number from either the instructor or the Department offering the course, to enroll
  • Classes taught at the Sandy Campus, Asia Campus, or UOnline Undergraduate Tuition Classes.
  • Classes that are listed as Continuing Education or have AOCE attribute
    (Math 1010 for example)
  • Classes that create increased instructional or administrative cost or increase the normal teaching load of the instructor
  • Classes/Depts specifically not allowed: ACCTG, ATHL, BCOR, CS, ECE, ENTP, ESSF 1042, ESSF 1048, ESSF 1049, ESSF 1053, ESSF 1054, ESSF 1800, ESSF 1801, ESSF 1802, FINAN, FP MD, H GEN, IS, MD LB, MGT, MKTG, NURS, OSC, PATH, PH TX, PHCEU, PHSYL, PRTL, PRTS, PRTW, STRAT, UGS, WRTG, GOBL

Instructions for Navigating the University Class Schedule

Get your UCARD Today!

HB60/SB45 students can receive a University ID card. You will need this ID for library privileges. Visit the UCard website, or come to the UCard Office (154 Union) or call 801-581-2273 for more information. There is a $10 fee for your first card.


Get all the latest parking information.