Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate / Professional Education
- Introduction to Exercise Science - Level 1 (Anatomy and Kinesiology) - Online (PROED 916)
- Introduction to Exercise Science - Level II (Exercise Physiology) - Online (PROED 917)
- Health Risk Profiles and Fitness Assessment Techniques - Online (PROED 918)
- Business Administration and Management Aspects for Personal Trainers - Online (PROED 919)
- Designing Exercise Prescriptions for Normal/Special Populations - Online (PROED 920)
The Certificate Program
The Online Professional Personal Fitness Certificate is designed to supply essential educational pathways and career opportunities to those seeking to start a career in the emerging fitness/health industry.
- medically-based fitness facilities
- community wellness programs
- personal training studios
- physical therapy clinics
- corporate fitness centers
- private and commercial health clubs
The program is offered in partnership with the
American Council on Exercise® (ACE)
ACE provides graduating certificate students a preferred discount on the ACE Personal Training Certification Exam and study materials.
IDEA Health & Fitness Association
IDEA has provided content/curriculum in the program; in addition, students receive a complimentary six-month membership to the digital edition of IDEA Fitness Journal.
Personal Fitness Professional (PFP)
PFP provides students with a free three-year subscription that includes nine print issues per year, a monthly e-newsletter, access to their digital magazine and an interactive website with blogs, polls, articles and much more.
Workplace Advantages and Benefits
- On-going guidance, instruction, and interaction from instructors that hold either a Master's or Ph.D. degree in exercise science, biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, nutrition, or an exercise science-related degree. Our instructors will support students and become valuable resources and mentors well after they graduate.
- Optional Personal Training Internship Course: Students have three internship options. They may elect to intern at a partnered internship site, a facility of their choice located anywhere in the U.S. or internationally (with program coordinator/instructor approval), or at a facility a student may already be working.
- A professional certificate from an accredited institution.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers and allied health/medical professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts.
Continuing Education Credits
The following National Organizations/Associations have approved the Personal Fitness Trainer program/courses for Continuing Education Credits/Units (CECs/CEUs):
- National Posture Institute (NPI) / 5 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / 20 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) / 2 CECs CSCS, NSCA-CPT (excludes the Business Administration course)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA) / 10 CECs
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA) / 2.0 CEUs
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) / 10 CEUs
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) / 1 CEC, equivalent to an entire 6 month CEC requirement
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association (ADA) has approved the Certificate in Personal Training program for 50 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs), the Advanced Certificate program for 30 CPEUs, Each course is 10 CPEUs
Award of the Certificate:
- Professional Certificate in Personal Fitness Training: complete all five core courses within a period of two years
- Complete and receive a passing grade of (C- or above) in all courses, which includes quizzes, exams, written/research projects, and class assignments
Questions? Call Professional Education at 801-585-1780 or use our online form.