Payment Options
Professional Education

Thank you for considering one of our non-credit certificate programs or classes. Our programs are designed to give you tangible skills that translate immediately into positive results in the business world.


Many of our courses and certificates qualify for the U of U staff tuition benefit program. Programs that typically are not eligible include Coding Bootcamps and online certificates that are offered in partnership with companies that specialize in a specific type of educational training.

Qualified individuals can apply for this benefit through the Human Resources Tuition Reduction website. For Hospitals and Clinics employees, please apply for the benefit through the Hospitals and Clinics Human Resources website.

If the semester during which you took your class has concluded, you must contact the Benefits Office via phone at 801-581-7447 with questions about your eligibility and to request your benefit be applied retroactively. Please have your employee UNID on hand to be directed to the correct person.

Noncredit programs are not eligible for federal loan programs.

Scholarships are not available for Professional Education programs.

Our programs qualify for funding from most College Savings Plans (including 529 plans). Contact your plan provider to determine if you can use your savings to pay for non-credit programs. If your savings plan covers non-credit programs, please contact Professional Education at 801-585-1780 for registration assistance.

Some of our online programs qualify for Military MyCAA funding. This funding is available for spouses of active-duty personnel, and provides up to $4,000 for education and a free laptop. To find a list of qualified programs and/or to request information, please visit our MyCAA website and complete the requested contact information. Someone will contact you within 2 business days to answer questions and assist with enrollment, if applicable.

While we cannot recommend or endorse a student loan provider, the University’s Financial Aid office has extensive resources to help you process the personal student loan of your choice. One of these resources is their FASTChoice web page.

This page can help you research options provided by many different federal and private lenders. Our certificate programs and classes typically do not qualify for federal loans. However, most of our programs will qualify for private loans issued by lenders who support non-credit programs. After you have selected a loan product, contact Financial Aid at 801-581-6211 to verify that the lender will fund non-credit programs; then, submit a loan application to the lender.

Students will not receive a Form 1098T for non-credit courses, however, discuss your tuition expenses with your tax professional as some certificates/courses may qualify. Following are links to information that may help answer some questions.


*Students are responsible for any account balance, regardless of any outside funding sources.

In most cases, tuition is due upon registration. However, there are programs and situations in which tuition payment can be postponed until the program starts or participants can apply for participation in our installment payment plan. Please contact us with questions about your program of interest.

Most programs require payment at the time of online registration, however, if you are paying after you have registered for a class, you can pay your tuition in one of the following ways:


Call our student services team, Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm at 801-581-7155.


You may visit our offices at 540 Arapeen Way, Room 210 and make a payment with our student services team. Best time to visit is Monday through Friday 9am - 4pm.


  • Find your UNID (U of U student ID #) located on your registration confirmation.
  • Go to the U’s tuition payment options page (or click here). This webpage will list several options for paying tuition.
  • Click “pay online”. You’ll be taken to log-in page for CIS or the U’s information systems platform. Log in and under the student tab click the “Tuition Bill/Pay” box.
  • From there you’ll be taken to your account that will list your tuition bill. From this point, you’ll have options to pay your bill online.

  • Credit Card
    • We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. You may use a credit card when paying by phone, in person or online.
  • Check or Money Order
    • You may use a check or money order to pay by mail or in-person. Checks should be made out to the University of Utah, must be in U.S. funds, and drawn on a U.S. bank. There is a $25 service charge for returned checks.

Students who do not pay tuition by the due date, may be dropped from their program. Our office will contact students in advance of being removed from a program for non-payment

Questions?  Call or Email us!


osher catalog