The Online Certificate Program
The online Sports Nutrition and Performance Certificate is designed to meet the growing demand for of those in the health field and the general public who want to learn about developing individualized nutritional programs for clients, patients, or for personal improvement.
This comprehensive web-based certificate program provides an in-depth examination of contemporary nutritional topics.
- meal plan analysis
- functional food implementation
- public nutrition
- sports nutrition
- vitamin supplementation
- weight management
According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau publication Occupational Outlook Handbook, overall employment for fitness professionals is expected to increase 44% from 2002 to 2012.
Who should attend?
This unique program has been established for allied health, medical, and fitness professionals, personal trainers, and Registered Dietitians seeking advanced nutrition education, re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement. Individuals from the public and consumers interested in seeking to stay current in nutritional program design, health, and performance would benefit from this program as well.
Workplace Advantages and Benefits
- On-going guidance, instruction, and interaction from instructors/faculty members that hold either a Master's or Ph.D Degree in nutrition or a nutrition related field and/or are licensed Registered Dietitians.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers and allied health/medical professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- A professional certificate from an accredited institution.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts.
Continuing Education Credits
The following National Organizations/Associations have approved the Sports Nutrition and Performance Certificate program/courses for Continuing Education Credits/Units (CECs/CEUs):
- National Posture Institute (NPI) / 5 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / 20 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) / 2 CECs CSCS, NSCA-CPT
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA) / 10 CECs
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA) / 2.0 CEUs
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA) / 30 CECs
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) / 10 CEUs
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) / 1 CEC, equivalent to an entire 6 month CEC requirement
- National Strength Professional Association (NSPA) / 2 CEUs
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association (ADA) has approved the Certificate in Nutrition program for 40 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs)/ or 10 (CPEUs) per each individual course taken separately for both the Registered Dietitian (RDs) and Dietetic Technician-Registered (DTRs).
Award of the Certificate:
- Completion of Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sports four core courses within a period of two years
- Completion and receipt of a passing grade (C- or above) in all courses, including quizzes, exams, written/research projects, and class assignments
Even more information and answers to frequently asked questions may be found on the Sports Nutrition and Performance Certificate General Information page.
Questions? Call Professional Education at 801-585-1780 or use our online form.