In less than a year, you can be onto a successful new career as a pharmacy technician and University of Utah Healthcare will help you pay for it!
At no cost for current, full-time employees, we will sponsor you to complete an online
pharmacy technician-training program. And by sponsor, we mean pay for half of the tuition.
This online Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) certificate covers: Pharmacology, Pharmacy law, regulations and standards, Business of a pharmacy (both retail and hospital), Prescriptions, Pharmaceutical Calculations, Nonsterile Compounding, and more.
This externship program focuses on helping students gain the skills needed to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam and start working upon graduation. This program uses images, videos, simulations and interactive games to assist with learning the material and developing the necessary skills.
This program includes 400 hours of online curriculum, and externship incorporating at least 200 hours of outpatient and inpatient pharmacy work. Tuition includes exam voucher.
Really... at no cost? Here's how University of Utah Healthcare will help you!
- Qualified sponsorship applicants can receive a tuition credit for the program for 50
percent of the approved program's cost.
- The online pharmacy technician-training program qualifies for our 50 percent tuition
reduction benefit (available to current full-time employees with six months tenure).
Full-time employees are eligible for $3,000 (100%) towards the online program.
Part-time employees are eligible for $1,500 (50%) towards the online program. While
not eligible for the 50 percent tuition reduction benefit, the sponsorship credit reduces the program cost by half to a $1,500 cost.
After successful completion of the approved online pharmacy technician program, you are guaranteed an interview for available pharmacy technician positions within University of Utah Health.
We are pleased to offer this sponsorship opportunity to current hospitals and clinics employees.
Please review the following program requirements for accepted sponsored employees:
- Sponsored employees must receive written authorization/recommendation from
- Sponsored employees must be clear of disciplinary action within the last year and have
a satisfactory employee performance review.
- Sponsored employees must complete program within one year, with satisfactory
curriculum completed and sustained satisfactory employee performance reviews.
- If a sponsored employee fails to complete the program within the designated
time, or fails to maintain any of the requirements of the sponsorship contract,
repayment will be scheduled for collection
- Sponsored employees will receive an official job interview(s) with U of U Health
pharmacy departments after graduation. Employees must apply for current job
openings and agree to a one-year organizational commitment to U of U Health after
- Job placement will be preferred after program completion, but not guaranteed by U of
U Health. (U of U Health may opt out of hiring sponsored employees.)
- If a sponsored employee completes the program but is not selected for hire, repayment
and commitment may not be required (at the discretion of Pharmacy Services).
Next Steps for Interested Employees
- Read the Sponsorship eligibility above to learn about what happens after you
complete the program. (A new career path could be waiting for you!)
- Reach out with questions. Feel free to contact Baylee Jemison, Program Manager, about this
great opportunity: (801) 587-0139 or email@example.com