Human Resources Management Certificate / Professional Education
Register for the full certificate program which includes all courses listed below at a discounted tuition rate.
The following classes are included in the Human Resources Management certificate but may be taken individually.
- Essentials of Human Resource Management (PROED 309)
- Policies and Procedures for Human Resources (PROED 305)
- Total Rewards (PROED 302)
- Employee Recruitment and Selection (PROED 306)
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (PROED 303)
- Employment Law (PROED 304)
- Managing Performance Collaboratively (PROED 402)
- Organizational Training & Development (PROED 308)
Designed for the entry-level person, the Human Resources Management Certificate provides the knowledge you need to develop effective practices for an ever-changing workplace.
Students completing the program will learn the skills to:
- Prioritize the human resource department's time and resources
- Improve employees' satisfaction with HR and provide base line measurement for assessing HR progress and effectiveness
- Hire people and know how to integrate total compensation packages with other human resource functions
- Write a policy or policy manual that is legal, protects employers, helps managers and is an aid to employees
- Learn how to identify and manage conflict situations
- Avoid financial and legal liability
- Understand the difference between public and private sector HR and the trends and issues affecting today's work environment
To achieve the Human Resource Certificate students must complete all 8 listed required classes.
Having no previous Human Resources experience, this program allowed me to walk out of each class with a new set of tools that I could apply to my work the very next day.
— Jody H., Office Manager
Questions? Call Professional Education at 801-585-1780 or use our online form.